Installing any of our plugins is relatively straightforward, but if you have never manually installed a plugin before, it may be a bit daunting. Here’s a simple, step by step guide.
Installing the plugin
- Download the plugin zip files from your order confirmation email
- Note 1: There will usually be two downloads in your email, one to the WP Overnight Sidekick (see below) and the other to the plugin you purchased.
- Note 2: Some browsers (like Safari, depending on the settings) automatically unpack the zip file when downloading, try to make sure that you get the zip file and not the contents of that zip, as you can only upload it as a whole when installing the plugin via the WordPress backend. If you’re installing the plugin via FTP you do need to extract the zip.
Instructions for disabling automatic opening in Safari can be found here: Disable “Open Safe Files After Downloading” Feature in Safari
- In WordPress, go to Plugins > Add New, then click the “Upload Plugin” button on the top of the page:
- Browse to the zip file, then press ‘Install Now’.
- After the upload/installation is finished, press the ‘Activate Plugin’ link – done!
Note: some of our plugins are extensions to free versions, and still require the free version to be installed on the site (WooCommerce PDF Invoices & Packing Slips for example). Other plugins are replaced by the pro version entirely (WP Menu Cart Pro).
Activating your license
If you want to receive automatic update notifications for your plugins, you will also need to install the WP Overnight Sidekick and activate your license:
- Download the WP Overnight Sidekick, and install just like any other plugin (see above).
- After the WP Overnight Sidekick is installed & activated, go to WP Overnight > Manage Licenses
- Enter the license key(s) for the plugin(s) that you have purchased, you can find them in the order confirmation email
- Save the license keys and press the activate button for each license to activate the license.