To update a plugin to the latest version, there are three methods:
- Automatic update via WordPress (requires license activation) *recommended
- Download via My Account
- Download from purchase receipt email
Note that you always need a valid plugin license to download the latest version!
Receiving automatic plugin updates
The easiest way to stay up to date is to enable automatic plugin update notifications by activating your license. This notifies you when there are plugin updates (just like free plugin updates from wordpress.org) so that you can download and install them at your own convenience. To activate your license, you need to install our plugin updater, called “WP Overnight Sidekick”.
Activating your license
- Download the WP Overnight Sidekick via this link: wpovernight-sidekick.zip, and install just like any other plugin.
- After the WP Overnight Sidekick is installed & activated, go to WP Overnight > Manage Licenses
- Enter the license key(s) for the plugin(s) that you have purchased, you can find them in the order confirmation email or in your account on our site (My Account > License Keys)
- Save the license keys and press the activate button for each license to activate the license.
- Note: after activation it may take up to a few hours before WordPress will show new updates!
Download via My Account
If you created an account when you purchased the plugin, you can login here: https://wpovernight.com/my-account/
If you did not create an account, you can find a registration form at the bottom of the My Account page. If you use the same email address you used to purchase the plugin, your purchase will automatically be linked to your account and you can download the latest version. You can also renew or upgrade your license via the My Account page.
Download from purchase receipt email
If you saved the order confirmation email, this is a quick way to get the latest version. Please note that these download links do expire, so activating your license and/or creating an account is the preferred method.
Which version do I have?
You can find the plugin version under the plugin name on de WordPress plugins dashboard (Plugins > Installed plugins).
What’s the latest version?
You can find the latest version on the plugin page on wpovernight.com, in the right sidebar: