The WooCommerce PDF Invoices & Packing Slips plugin supports multilingual setups using the Professional extension and WPML, although is possible that using only the free version of the PDF plugin to achieve a satisfactory output, see here how.
WPML is a well known and reputable multilingual plugin, and that’s why we choose it for this integration.
How WPML compatibility works? #
After installing both, Professional extension and WPML, you should see some PDF settings having language tabs, for example the Document title:
On this tabs you can define the setting text for each language, which will be respected when generating the actual PDF.
We also offer a multilingual setting that you could see under the settings page Pro tab:
- Order/customer language: the PDF will be generated using the order language, which corresponds to the customer language
- Site default language: will use the WPML default language as the PDF document language
- Specific language (choose from the available ones): the PDF will be generated using this selected language
Translating strings in WPML #
WPML comes with two different translation modes:
- Translate everything: all the site content will be translated automatically for the secondary languages, although it can be reviewed by you
- Translate some: you decide what to translate, it’s a manually process using the WPML translation editor
If you’re looking for a specific string that needs to be translated, you could find it easily going to WPML > String Translation. From there you could see a list of all the available strings and also search for specific strings.
PDF still showing strings in the wrong language? #
- Go to WPML > String Translations
- Enable “Look for strings while pages are rendered“
- Create a PDF document
- Disable “Look for strings while pages are rendered“
- Enter translations for the custom strings in WPML > String Translations